It's unfortunate that it seems much more socially acceptable to kvetch about excessive demands and lack of guidance, than to say anything complimentary. My advisor is generally known as one of the nicest people in the department, but surely the other professors can't all be that bad.
Of course, her being so nice makes me feel even worse about my lack of productivity, but this is supposed to be a happy secret, so I'll ignore that for now. I did just write 750 words today! I was tempted to put it off again, but I wanted to be able to show my advisor something for a change. Maybe I should try to focus on making her happy as a motivational tool.
- ► 2007 (30)
- Things that make you go "Hmm..."
- Picture secret XXXIII
- When IRBs Attack
- Arrrrgggg! or "Bite Me!"
- The silliness of ETS and GRE's
- Young Ph.D.'s Say Collegiality Matters More Than S...
- Miss, Ms. or Mrs.?
- Down with the Man in Europe
- Reproducing a.somethings
- Picture secret XXXII
- The Crying Game
- Little Miss Can Be Wrong
- Behind Door #6: Me
- A Bad Dream of a Different Kind
- Naked Nightmare
- Behind Door #5: The Newly but Distressingly Increa...
- I may not be a full professor...
- Koda's European Adventure
- behind door #4: The Cowardly Angel
- Why I Think I'm Overpaid
- Happy Secret
- Behind Door #3: No One
- behind door #2: Hair Boy
- ▼ September (25)